Giving Thanks


A little card I made

We're crawling towards December.
A time for celebrations. Family time. Laughter and joy.

A time for reflection.
To look back and give thanks.

I have a lot to be thankful for.
First of all I'm very grateful for my life.
To be alive.



It's not something I take lightly or for granted. Were it not for the excellent medical care I received, I would not be speaking to you today. Health issues still keep me from living a "normal" life. But what is normal, right?


A little autumn inspired vignette in my attic room


It's humbling though to be aware of these things.




It too makes me grateful for the people
who choose to work in health care.
To devote many hours, long days and nights of their lives
to the health of others.


Autumn browns from our garden


It reminds me to be thankful
for small (and bigger) things in everyday life as well.


The leaves are gone, it's getting colder


Like spotting this bird in the tree near my window.

And a beautiful weathered grey barn door.





~


Thanksgiving
is the wordprompt at Our Beautiful World this week.




It's also the last week
that our dear friend Shahrul is part of the OBW team.

So sad to see her leaving...


A vintage girl found here and a little bit of editing by me


Dear Shahrul, it's been such a pleasure and blessing to meet you
and see you're beautiful work
both in photography and mixed media arts.
Wishing you a blessed and wonderful time after OBW.
We'll keep on following your journey!


Another vintage girl photo found here and with some editing by me


~


Linking my browns, greys and whites with

Mona's Picturesque - Floral Love Beautiful Brown
Petite Michelle Louise - Grey Dey Thursdey
Becky'sTimewashed - Blissful Whites Wednesday

(Update: I wished to link to Blissful Whites but Becky is taking a well deserved party break untill New Year. If you love vintage whites, be sure to check out her blog.)


Wishing you, my dear blogfriends,
a happy and beautiful day.


xx Wen



13 comments:

  1. Lovely post of Giving Thanks. Your sweet images make me smile and I am thankful for you and your health and your blog. Very Thankful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and meaningful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. een hele mooie kaart! en mooie foto's. sterkte met je gezondheid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post and beautiful photos ... Will send a photo for you ... Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat een prachtig werkje heb je gemaakt Wendy en wat is het toch steeds weer genieten van je mooie foto's!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post Wendy, you always manage to leave me breathless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post, dear Wendy.TFS.
    Have a lovely Sunday.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Wendy,
    your post is so very beautiful, in both words ,pictures,and your beautiful creations and vignettes.
    I`m happy that you are still here, my friend, to give joy to your blogging friends. Life is truly precious and we are blessed to be here.
    Hugs from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog this evening through OBW. Your photos are absolutely beautiful! I think I could spend hours here!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs from the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wat een prachtige foto's en wat een mooie woorden.
    Ik ben een beetje verliefd geworden op die oude schuurdeur.
    fijne dag
    groetjes Marja

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful sentiments. heartfelt words. they touched me. "merci" for sharing your heart..as always. (lovely grey farm doors too!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is yet another beautiful post :). I agree with you about being thankful just to be alive, and let alone other big and little things in life. I'm grateful to have met and know you!. Thankful your your inspiring, gorgeous artwork!!. And the lovely Pinterest pins :). Have a great week, giving thanks!. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a heart warming post dear friend!
    I am so very glad you are here with us today to tell your story. We are grateful for you and your beautiful heart which is felt through your beautiful creations.
    I love all of your images and especially for sentiments.
    Much love,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a sweet message, I love reading your comments. Hugs and happy day to you! xx Wen