Simply Neutrals #10


Hello dear friends,

Welcome to Simply Neutrals #10!


lace collage on tree bark by AppleApricot


This week I'm sharing an earlier work of mine.
One from the archives of two years ago, already shared before.

It's a lace collage on tree bark.


lace collage on tree bark by AppleApricot


Truth be told that I hadn't taken time to create a new page for my fabric book,
nor have I taken photos for this week,
because I have been really busy in the garden.
We have a piece of property that really needs a huge renovation.
So we've been busy weeding, digging, cleaning and so on.


lace collage on tree bark by AppleApricot


I love the serenity of this piece on tree bark.
Some of you have already seen it before,
but may be some of you haven't.
It is one of my most repinned pieces,
so may be you've come across it on pinterest.


*


Features of last week's party


IF YOU LIKE TO PIN SOME OF THESE FEATURED PHOTOS
THEN PLEASE DO SO FROM THE ORIGINAL BLOGS
OF WHICH YOU CAN FIND THE LINKS BELOW.

(Just click on the name of the blogs mentioned.)

Everyone has made a great effort in creating, photographing and writing blog posts
and I want all credit to go to the owners of these photos.
So please pin these photos from their blogs and not mine.


There were fewer entries last week,
and I decided to feature only two this week.


First a stunning piece of art by Suzy of Suziqusthreadworks.




Oh my, this must be one of my favourite art works by Suzy.
It is magical.




And the colours are so perfect for this time of year
here in the northern hemisphere.
Like the stillness of the forest heading into winter.


Very fitting in this serene post I thought
is the stunning cross made by Dorthe of Den Lille Lade.




Can you believe this is handmade?
So so gorgeous, I'm in awe!

Just look at the beautiful details of the cross...




Wow...


*


News flash


Before I head to this week's party I have two things to share with you.

1) First of all, this party will have a winter break in a while.
I haven't settled on the date yet,
but I think it will be at least during the second half of December.

2) Second, after the winter break I might change the weekly party into a monthly one.
Giving us a little more time to prepare for each party.
Because I don't know about you,
but by coming up with something neutral each week
I find I have less time to create other,
more colourful posts in between here on AppleApricot.
And I notice that I'm not the only one.
Although that's totally my point of view of course.
No matter how much I love neutrals,
I love colours too!
:)

What do you think?


*


But right now, it's time to party!


Simply Neutrals #10


What neutral coloured beauty did you find or make or buy or receive?

Post anything in neutral colours,
be it cream, white, grey, beige, silver and/or brown.

A creation you made or received, home decoration, a statue or architecture, or anything out there that you were allowed to take a photo of.







18 comments:

  1. Hi Wen!
    I've been catching up with your blog and LOVING your new party! Now I have a chance to join!! Hope you have a lovely week, and thanks so much for hosting such a pretty party!!
    Blessings,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Wen. I agree with both of your suggestions. A break before the holidays would work for me! And a once per month format would be great. I, too, enjoy working with color sometimes, so having longer to create would be a good thing. Though the rewards are great in joining the weekly party, it does take a lot of time to not only create something, but also to post about it. And you are surely putting a lot more time into the whole thing. The piece you showed us today took my breath away when I first saw it, and I am breathless again today! Hugs and love, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Wen
    No wonder your collage on bark of the Madonna is one of your most pinned items on Pinterest. It is so beautifully serene and brings so much peace and love to our hearts!
    It is gorgeous!
    Dorthe is so clever with creation of the cross and the all the layers of cracked silver and inks and displayed so beautifully with her hand fashioned roses in the background.
    On thinking over your News Flash I think that sounds like a sound idea especially as we approach Christmas and our time at blogging becomes more pressing. I'm certainly in favour of that dear Wen! I love the monthly idea very much
    giving us more time to prepare.
    Love how much you have devoted to making this happen and for being such a wonderful host to all of us!
    Sending you many warm hugs and love,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Wen
    An addendum here! I just wanted to thank you wholeheartedly for featuring my latest collage here. It is so lovely to have my artwork so appreciated in this special way!
    Thank you so much!
    xox Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are very wise to take a December break and upon re-starting trying a monthly Linky party. I could not participate in a weekly but I would love to do a monthly. Your Lace on Bark is gorgeous. I had not seen iit before and it is stunning to view. Creative Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wen, I truly love the beautiful piece you've posted for this week.
    The soft bright white against the natural wood is serene and pure.
    Gorgeous mix of laces and Lovely metal embellishment! Thanks for sharing with us~ Have a happy week! Karen
    PS(I would be happy to participate 1X a month; or whatever you decide about Simply Neutrals: )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great artworks! What an awesome idea to make it on tree bark.
    When I have to work in the garden, I take a blog break too... luckily I have all done at the end of summer.
    Do, like it's comforty for you, but I'm a little sad, when Simple Neutrals Tuesday is only one in the month. For me it has helps more look for the neutral colors...
    Have a nice week and good luck in the garden

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the beauty you have showed this week, your own work as well as the beauties from Suziqu and Dorte. I will link my work tomorrow. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Wen,
    I so love your collage on bark! It is simply gorgeous.A December break
    sounds wonderful to me and a monthly party as well.Last week I was too busy gardening so I couldn't make it.Thank you so much for hosting and for all your hard work. Have a lovely week.
    Hugs and love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this piece of yours is one of my all time favourites, it is simply beautiful. The featured items from Suzy and Dorthe are just amazing, I adore both. And I agree with the others, a Christmas break is a great idea, we will be so busy with preparations for the festivities. But I would be very sad indeed to see Simply Neurals Tuesday just once a month. It is too easy then to forget about it, to think, oh still plenty of time to make/photograph something and before you know it, its too late. Hah, but thats me talking, lol, I think that might happen to me. Fortnightly would be great though, not too long between parties, not too short a timespan to deal with other things as well. But I very much appreciate you hosting this much loved party and I'll try and take part whenever its on :-).

    ReplyDelete
  11. My dear Wen,
    I remember this absolutely beautiful, and lovely piece from your blog. It is a wonderful iconic hanger, with the nature and serene image of the madonna, and the white laces , giving me a feeling of piece and joy.
    Thank you my sweetie for showing my cross together with Suzy`s amazing collaged hanger, I`m grateful for that!
    About your thoughts over christmas and the ongoing party, I think you are all right in making a pause in December, we are all so buzzy, and a once a months party in the new year, is a very good idea, too.
    So I fully agree, with you and the others !!
    Hugs and love, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  12. weer zo mooi allemaal Wendy! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Wen,

    Thanks for hosting this party! I love it! I have been pushed along in my blogposts beautifully! Having a deadline is good for me, even though sometimes I've not had time to participate.

    I think fortnightly would be great, perhaps alternating between a coloured post and a simply neutrals post? I like working with the colours, too :)

    Suzy's collage was a dream this week, and Dorthe's cross was gorgeously textured. Lovely choices!
    See you all soon,
    hugs,

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I am glad you shared this piece again, I have not had a chance to see it and I love the idea of having a rustic background to your lace and image, beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Wen, I am a most recent follower and I must tell you, that I delight at each post you share!
    I am voicing my agreement with you as to the monthly post as then I will be able to join along!
    Thank you for enriching my blog reading and sparking my inspiration!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful projects. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhh... another beautiful post with lots of beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  18. More pretties to drool over this week, but I must say I agree with the idea of making the party monthly too. It must be a lot of work for you getting ready for it each week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a sweet message, I love reading your comments. Hugs and happy day to you! xx Wen