Ladies' Journal - vintage collage





This is a pre-scheduled post. It should come online at March 5... Did it work? Hope so!


Over at City Crafters dear Linda came up with this challenge for week #149: Make a project using the colour palette attached. The gorgeous inspiration photo is of DT member Linda. Go check her blog for more of her amazingly beautiful (macro) photography.


My project

My entry for my guest designer spot for this week is a vintage style mixed media collage. Theme: Edwardian ladies, vintage home journal style. When finished I thought it looked kind of smashbook too. Lots of details here.

The background is a canvas with book papers, vintage ads, ink, paint and gesso.





Layers: Handmade wire ribbon flower. Free hand embroidery. Lace flower, beads, thread, wallpaper leaf, distress ink, tea dyed fabric, old book paper. Beautiful sew-themed stamps on sewing-pattern paper. Vintage bird image (I think it's from the graphics fairy). Fabric, laces, inked flower. Fabric leafs, wallpaper leafs, buttons, vintage advertisement. Calender page January 1910.




Have a wonderful day,

xx Wen


16 comments:

  1. Prachtig Wendy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy-Your work is so amazing. I wish I could see it in person to appreciate all the layers. Thank you for sharing your creations...they inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very lovely your creations are ... this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Hope you win the challenge...
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your creations are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness this is gorgious. YOur composition and layers are just perfect. I would love to see how you created all the wonderful flowers. So pretty!

    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness girly. I just love your wall hanging. Your work is gorgeous.. So happy to have you on board..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wendy, dear- it is such a beautiful collage,-so many lovely little stories being told- so many sweet and wonderful little creations ,in there, making the whole piece, a romantic wonderland
    Hugs,Dorthe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun and beautiful creation Wendy, I enjoy every single little detail of your lovely work! So glad to have you as our guest this week, and I know there will be more to come..... for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is amazing Wendy, just a beautiful piece of art.
    xxx
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nou Wendy, het is zo te zien helemaal gelukt met je bericht (alhoewel ik dit pas op de 6e lees ;-) Ja, ik word altijd helemaal blij van vintage en jouw creatie is zo mooi... prachtige details, mooie elementen, super gewoon! Lieve groetjes, Ira
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your collage is really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dit is weer super. Zo romantisch en elk detail met aandacht en liefde gemaakt. Heerlijk om naar te kijken.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, This is SO Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear sweet friends, thank you so much for your sweet comments!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a sweet message, I love reading your comments. Hugs and happy day to you! xx Wen