Little hand bound mixed media book Cats




My little book is not a book in the making anymore.
I declare it finished.






Although one could always argue with oneself about that of course,
and keep on adding bits and pieces.

Let's open this little book, shall we?




There's of course lots of fabric and paper,
and pieces of lace.
Some of which I dyed with paint.




Little pieces of embroidery.

And old photos with children and cats,
which I edited in photoshop.





A small piece of toile fabric,
of which I added more on the back cover of the book.




More embroidery. And I also added some little paintings here and there.
Of course there's the curious looking cat painting on the front cover. And below is a hint of a Wisteria, which I added on the top of several pages.




These are just a few of the pages.




Toile on the back cover.




In the photo collages below is the whole book.




I left lots of white space to add text on.
Quotes or memories or such.




Ah yes, there's also of course the crocheted little flower on the front cover.




(Two of these photos were of the making-of.)




I love the layering of soft fabrics and laces.




And I learned so many things while making this little book.




Some things I will do differently next time.




I think it's a charming little book and am satisfied with the result.
On to the next one!




***

And here are the three vintage images which I edited in photoshop.
Of course you may use them for your personal projects.







Just a few more days till the Grow Your Blog party of 2015!!
See you then!!

xx Wen



24 comments:

  1. A gorgeous little book! I'd love to see one with a dog too!Or fish!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy! I love cats and I love your little book. You have used the prettiest shades of blue. And thanks for the gift of the wonderful images that you have shared. Have a great rest of the week! Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful!
    thank you so much for sharing your art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy,
    Your book is just darling....I love blue and white. You did such a great job.
    Keep them coming!!
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy,
    Your book is just darling....love the blue and white! Keep them coming!! Such talent.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy Dear you have me swooning with this sweet little book of bliss. I love the blues, laces, images of little girls with kitties, flowers, buttons...every single element. Creative Book Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got the cutest little book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. heel schattig dit boekje! en mooie lieve plaatjes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wat heb je dat weer fantastisch mooi gemaakt.
    Liefs, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty little book ... and lovely photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous little book! Love the soft blues you used throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty book! I love every little thing about it, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wat een prachtig boekje Wendy, hier vallen al jou talenten samen echt super!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet little book Wendy. The colours are so pretty and you've used some lovely creativity and imagination. Have you used some of your newly learnt skills on the wisteria artwork? Well done!
    Love those images you're sharing too. Thanks you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wendy,
    I think this may be my favorite book of this sort...I love how included actual paper pages for writing thoughts and dreams. The bit of lace with the embroidery and button...perfect! Thank you for sharing your sweet images with us!
    See you at the party!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ge-wel-dig! Wat een super-super-gaaf boekje is dit geworden meis! Heerlijk, al die mooie stofjes, details, afbeeldingen en stikseltjes. Je hebt je weer heerlijk uitgeleefd en er echt iets beeldschoons van gemaakt! Hoe maak jij trouwens die mooie fotocollages op je blog? Professional! Geniet van je weekend, liefs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your little book is fabulous. So much great detail you have added. I do love it.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Wendy,

    Je boek is zo schattig geworden,
    ziet er echt prachtig uit !!
    Alles wat je hebt samengesteld past zo mooi bij elkaar.

    Dank voor je berichtje op mijn blog.
    Tot ziens bij de GYBP :).

    Liefs, Wilma.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Wendy, so nice to "meet" you on the GYB party. I have so enjoyed looking at your beautiful work. The Journal is lovely - and what is cuter than little girls with kitties?? Thanks for sharing your work with us and for being a part of the GYB party. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You make such beautiful things, I love it. I love their softness and vintage feel. Your book is absolutely adorable and I would be so happy to win it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun little book! The color, the buttons,and the laces and pictures are just perfect.
    And thank you for the sweet pictures of the little girls and their kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi wendy I started following you earlier and am happy to see your post here. Your work is exquisite.
    Such a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  23. SOOOOO Beautiful, makes me drool!! The colors, embroidery, photos and lace make one Amazing book :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness, I am smitten by your beautiful blog Wendy! Thank you for leaving such a kind comment on mine because now I have found yours. I look forward to following along :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a sweet message, I love reading your comments. Hugs and happy day to you! xx Wen