When birds are busy




Hello sunshines,

Birds are busy, nurturing their youngsters.
Flowers are blooming and showing us their beauty. The sun is shining.
(Actually it's bloody hot here.)

It must be summer!



I started painting again. A Robin this time.
After a beautiful photo I found in a magazine.




When it's not so hot outside
I take my camera with me (a simple compact camera, easy to carry)
and go of for walks in the countryside.




See the two little ones between the feathers of the Grebe?
Curiously watching what's happening in the world around them.

These photos of the Grebes are from last year actually.
Shhh, don't tell...




Nearby there's a beautiful path along the pastures. I spot so many things every time I walk there. Wishing I had a better camera with a good macro and tele features and a tripod. Ahhhh, that would be heaven!




Photographing these little ducklings would have been a lot easier then! They were so quick, always on the move, playing and learning how to search for food between the water lily leaves.




There were also swallows busy feeding their youngsters, flying to and fro. Five nests under one roof. But alas, they were hard to catch on my camera. Another photo from last year is the one below...




"Hello!"

If you look carefully between the grass
you might spot these little ones...




And once in a while I spot this Cormorant,
sitting on the wooden pole.




The beauty of nature,
only five minutes from my home.
I feel blessed indeed.

It's comforting to me. Especially when life shows it's harsh side. My father passed away this week. Suddenly. I feel kind of bewildered at the moment. A floating boat, not knowing where to go. So I go where I find peace always. And I'm so lucky as to have such a place so close to my home.




May your heart be bright and sunny
as is the summer day.

xx Wen



16 comments:

  1. I don't really know you, just your lovely and inspiring art that you share with us all over the world. Yet my heart saddens tonight reading your post and about the sudden loss of your father. I will pray that your bewilderment might slowly be replaced with fond memories and overwhelming love for your father. May God bless and keep you, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello ... I am so very sorry to hear about your father ... Mine died suddenly too ... tragically .... I therefore understand your bewilderment ...I'm glad that you have the beauty of nature to surround you and bring you some peace ... Know that I am thinking of you and sending hugs your way ...

    Your painting is so very beautiful Wendy ... seems a perfect thing for you to be doing right now ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lieve Wendy,

    Heel veel sterkte met het verlies van je vader.

    Voordat je eindigde met dit trieste bericht had ik je willen vertellen dat ik vind dat je prachtige foto's maakt met je eenvoudige camera maar eigenlijk vind ik het niet zo gepast.

    Dus ik sluit af met je veel kracht en wijsheid te wensen dit verlies te verwerken. Ik hoop dat je mooie momenten hebt om op terug te kijken.

    Liefs,
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ach nee toch lieffie... Wat vreselijk... Steun vinden in de natuur kan daarbij helpen, want je hoofd loopt nu natuurlijk helemaal om... Ik hou je van een afstand stevig vast en wens je alle kracht om door deze zware fase heen te gaan. Ongelooflijk dat je dan nog zo'n schitterend schilderijtje weet te maken... Er zit zoveel gevoel in... Ik hou je in mijn gedachten... Dikke knuffel, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful painting Wendy. The bird is so lovely also your photos which you are sharing with us.
    Have a great week. Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy, I'm sorry to read that you have lost your father! It's hard to understand and I can understand your bewilderment. You have my sympathy.
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for you. Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that quote, and yes, nature goes on, no matter what else happens. I'm sorry about the sudden loss of your Dad, he'll always be in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful photos Wendy! You take some gorgeous shots with your "un-better" camera. :) The one of the grebe and it's babies is esp wonderful!! You've done so well with the one of that sweet flower and the Matisse quote, too.

    How lovely for you to have such a place to lose yourself in, in the light of such sad news.

    Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wendy so sorry to hear about your Dad!! I pray you will be comforted by all your precious memories.
    Your beautiful nature pics are peaceful. I love your painting of the robin, you did a wonderful job on it ;) hugs to you Wendy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous photo and I am so sorry to hear about your dad, big hug to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prachtig Wendy en wat een mooie foto's!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry to hear about your Dad! You have my sympathy.

    Your painting is just beautiful and I love the quote!

    Sending big hugs youe way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous painting and gorgeous photos...it seems you live in magical place...I love nature!
    I am so sorry for your father!
    Hope you are doing fine! Best wishes from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry to hear about your Father. I do send you all the love and comfort in the world. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry for your loss Wendy. Prayers and hugs to you and your family. Love your art and those gorgeous nature photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a sweet message, I love reading your comments. Hugs and happy day to you! xx Wen