More P and P Love (with freebies)




Did you know it's 200 years Pride and Prejudice this year?

I didn't... Until dear Ira mentioned it. Oops.

Anyway, because of this celebration of celebrations, I'll be posting some Pride and Prejudice love this year. So stay tuned if you're a fan. Today I'd like to share with you some goodies I found on the internet.

Let's open the book, shall we...

We all know this embarrassing scene:



”At an assembly such as this, it would be unsupportable. Your sisters are engaged, and there is not another woman in the room, whom it would not be a punishment to me to stand up with."


Nor shall we ever forget this one...




Remember Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail?


"Confession, I have read Pride and Prejudice two hundred times. I get lost in the language, words like 'Thither. Mischance. Felicity.' I'm always in agony over wether Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are really going to get together. Ah! Read it. I know you'll love it!"


Luckely there's always the happy ending...




Here's just the frame of the first book page:





Which I think is a delightful vintage frame for arts and crafts. You're free to use the above images for your work of course, no problem.




Thank you so much for the sweet comments dear friends! And a warm welcome of course to my new followers, thank you for keeping me company here :)

Let me finish this post with some lace love.




More of this will follow...

Hugs and sweet day,

xx Wen



14 comments:

  1. What a delightful post!-200 years old-!
    One of my all time favorite very books! With lines like "you have bewitched me body and soul" - how could it not be?
    - I'm smitten with the film too- but only the BBC version with Colin Firth- there is no other Mr. Darcy I'm afraid! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that book too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wendy where did you find that P & P book? It is just amazing - those graphics are amazing!
    Beautiful lacework here - even if it is just a peep!
    Hope you are going OK?
    Hugs,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love You've got mail. I have seen it a hundred times(almost)!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well now I am going to have to read it for sure. Can't wait to see what that lace is all about..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post, Wendy. There is a reason why the classics are still classic. We never tire of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was so delightful. The pictures are charming. What a find! Thank you for sharing. -Derrith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh heerlijk Wendy om weer even in dit prachtige boek te mogen duiken! Voor Pride & Prejudice hebben we altijd tijd, ben benieuwd of er over 200 jaar nog net zo lovend over wordt geschreven als jij nu doet. Mooi in woord en beeld! Lieve groetjes, Ira x
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful book, and with the most delightfull drawings, so lovely ,dear Wendy- thankyou for letting me review these wonderful scenes,.
    Hugs ,Dorthe, and a happy thursday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an incredibly beautiful post Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, you're definitely a romantic!! Looking forward to seeing more of your lace!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, lovely post! Thanks so much for the freebie art too. I love the BBC version, but enjoy any and all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never read that book....shame on me...It's on my list someday! But You've got mail is my all time fav movie lol!! Wonderful post wendy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a sweet message, I love reading your comments. Hugs and happy day to you! xx Wen