La Ballerine et Le Printemps - canvas collage




Hello dear blogging friends,

All well with you?
Thank you so much for your sweet comments!
I had a huge smile stuck to my face for the rest of the day.

I've been playing with mixed media on canvas.
It's a bit like a collage I guess(as a newbee
I'm still not familiar with all the what-is-what names in Craftworld).


I called it La Ballerine et Le Printemps,
which translates into The Ballerina and The Spring.
I'm part French, so that's where the French flavour comes from :)




I'll be linking this canvas to City Crafter challenge week 102.

Here's what I did.

First I altered pictures in Photoshop Elements:




Obvious, right? Lol.

Honestly, every time I'm photoshopping
I get so super duper excited about the results!!

I then put gesso at my canvas en added the background paper
to the wet gesso so it would stick to the canvas.
When it had dried, I added more (photoshop-altered and selfmade)
pictures, lace and a paper doily.

Then I made two dragonflies of wire and beads.
And a flower of wire, thread and a (flat) flower of a wreath.
I've twisted the thread around the base of the slightly folded flower
and the top of the wire.




And I made some paper flowers and added strass (is that an English word?),
leaves, a fabric flower of another wreath
and a butterly picture I found on the internet.

Last but not least here are some of the pictures I used,
right-click and open in new venster to enlarge
when you would like to save them on your computer:

  



And here's the poem itself:


~


Lines Written in Early Spring

byWilliam Wordsworth

***


I heard a thousand blended notes,
while in a grove I sate reclined,
in that sweet mood when pleasant thoughts
bring sad thoughts to the mind.
To her fair works did Nature link
the human soul that through me ran;
And much it grieved my heart to think
what man has made of man.
Through primrose tufts, in that green bower,
the periwinkle trailed its wreaths;
And 'tis my faith
that every flower enjoys the air it breathes.

The birds around me hopped and played,
their thoughts I cannot measure:
-- But the least motion which they made,
it seemed a thrill of pleasure.
The budding twigs spread out their fan,
to catch the breezy air;
And I must think, do all I can,
that there was pleasure there.
If this belief from heaven be sent,
if such be Nature's holy plan,
have I not reason to lament what man has made of man?



~


A wonderful day to you!

xx Wen



13 comments:

  1. Hoe zoet!!! Zo mooi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely creation, love those dragonflies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. jee wat mooi, heee die Libelles zijn een workshoppeke waard!!Hop ze!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat een prachtige collage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Het is weer een geweldig plaatje!!!!
    Fijne dag,

    Lieve gr Anja

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so clever!! I love your canvas and your talent ... thanks for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ik kende dat magazine niet maar heb me nu ingeschreven voor de emailupdates. Ik kon de eieren niet vinden. Ik ben er zelf al wel mee bezig geweest, hahahahaha, alsof je me kent...........ze zijn helaas nog niet af en ze liggen even opzij.....moet ze echt afmaken.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Wendy, what a lovely piece, the colors are wonderful.
    enJOY a lovely day,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you so much for your sweet comments dear blogging friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your canvas. And I love seeing how you altered it in photos shop.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This could not be lovelier! ! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful, and I am amazed what you could do with photoshop, I bought photoshop a while ago and still having hard time mastering it, do you want to give lesson? : )

    Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. heel flauw maar in het frans is het "la Ballerine," met een e op het eind. Maar het is er niet minder mooi om!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a sweet message, I love reading your comments. Hugs and happy day to you! xx Wen